Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pregnancy RECAP!

Let's reminisce on the last 9 months:
1st Trimester 
UGH. I pretty much lived off of honey nut cheerios, laffy taffy, ice cold water, and fruit roll up/gushers. It was mostly all just a blur. I was working during the day, and sleeping during the evenings... every day! Just ask all our old neighbors. They couldn't figure out why I was napping like ALL the time! I was so sick, I lost about 12 lbs those first three months...WOA! I was teaching Zumba at our local church, and there were a few times I was just too sick to make it, I felt awful! I think my friends caught on really fast, and Tina even brought over some ginger ale (I told her I had the flu... or something...) and it tasted SO good. Thank goodness for great friends and an understanding husband. 
When I was about 8 weeks along, we stayed the weekend in SLC with Jaren's family. Church was miserable, and I soo did not want to chit-chat at the end of the block! His whole family wondered why I was in such a crabby mood, haha! That afternoon I took the longest nap of my life while the Nelson clan drilled Jaren and swore up and down that I was pregnant. Jaren denied it. They were hardly surprised when we announced it to them just 3 weeks later! 
I really only threw up a handful of times. I knew if I did, I'd have to eat again and eating never sounded good! Many of my lunch breaks at work were spent laying on my office floor while Jaren ate his lunch in between classes. I remember one day when I was particularly sick, I prayed and prayed to just make it home without spewing! I left my lunch box open on the front seat - just in case. How's that for TMI? Good thing babies make it all worth it :) 
2nd Trimester
When life was GOOD - I loved my 2nd trimester!!! Especially because I wasn't sick. And I was finally big enough that people can see that I wasn't just fat - I loved dressing that bump! I can't say enough about this stage of pregnancy. It was like I was a completely different person! Truly! We moved home to Idaho during this trimester and my family kept saying, "You don't even act pregnant!" Ummm... that's cuz they never saw how green I looked every day of my 1st trimester in Provo!
 Annd both Jaren and I finally felt him "kick." They weren't really kicks, though, just little squirms that were not uncomfortable at all (yet). I first felt him kick on April 25th. I was about 21 weeks and was just laying in bed on the morning of Jaren's graduation. I wanted to feel him soo bad and was concentrating so hard as I held my hand on my belly. Jaren was in the shower, when I suddenly felt movement!!! I held still a minute longer to make sure it wasn't just my imagination, and the baby did it again. I rushed to the bathroom and told Jaren - we were both so excited! I loved his little flutters and watching my belly move all around. It was a sign that he really was in there and healthy! It made Jaren and I both so excited for him to get here. 
3rd Trimester
It was not nearly as bad as the 1st trimester, but the last week or two was pretty much hell! I had super bad back problems and heartburn... ooh the heartburn! Why didn't you have more hair, Baby? Isn't that the old wives tale?? I was just uncomfortable. The baby's head stayed down, thank goodness, but that meant that his feet were right in my ribs! I had plenty of sleepless nights between rib pain, and trips to the bathroom. 
I didn't really have any big cravings... my favorite thing in the whole world, ice cream, sounded SOO gross for the first 3 months, but I was back to eating it just fine :) Food wasn't all the appetizing to me, and I was so happy to finally enjoy food again after I had the baby. 
As for final weight gain, it's SUPER weird. When I delivered, I technically, had only gained 6 lbs my whole pregnancy. !?!?! But that's because I got SOO sick my first trimester!
I'm one of the lucky ones... my feet never swelled, and I never got stretch marks. WOOT!
And how about them mood swings?? Jaren can attest that I certainly had them. Especially this one time. I was in the shower, it was late at night. Jaren thought he'd play a little trick on me, as I had done to him many times before. He poured freezing cold water on me while I was rinsing off. I immediately started sobbing. But it wasn't because of the cold water, it was because I had JUST washed/straightened my hair that very morning, so I pinned it up so it wouldn't get wet. And now I would have to do it again. If you have thick hair that takes forever to dry, you'd understand. Jaren felt TERRIBLE and even got out the hair dryer and plugged it in so it would be ready to go when I got out. SO SILLY!!! After getting dressed and sort of regaining composure, I approached my scared-to-death husband and told him sorry! I'm usually up for a laugh, but when you're 8 months pregnant and sooo tired it hurts, the last thing ya wanna do at night is dry your hair! End of story. OOOh hormones. I'm sure there are plenty of other stories like this that happened throughout those 9 months, but this is one we BOTH will never forget haha!
And now... Some belly pictures! I didn't really start to show until around 20 weeks.
20 Weeks
24 Weeks
25 Weeks
27 Weeks
28 Weeks
29 Weeks
30 Weeks
32 Weeks
34 Weeks
35 Weeks
36 Weeks
38 Weeks
39 Weeks, 6 Days! 
September 3, 2014 - On the way to the hospital! We are ALL so glad I'm not pregnant anymore! Now we get to enjoy our sweet, baby boy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment