Monday, December 31, 2012

Post-cruise/Christmas!

Christmas morning was spent with our little family of two. I'm used to opening presents bright and early  with the whole fam dam, but it's fun to start new traditions for our family, too!
I even woke myself up with my excitement. I couldn't wait to see his face when he opened his gifts. Since when did it become more fun to give than to get? :)
Then the Nelson clan came over to skype with our favorite missionary all the way from Chile! It was so fun, and jentry seemed almost... refined. We sure miss that guy and we are so proud of him. 
Jentch even watched his pooches open a few presents. 
We learned that our old temple-prep teacher has passed away on the 21st. He was the nicest old man you could ever meet. After one of our lessons over a year ago, we took a few pictures, and he even pulled our his TEETH for the goofy one! He will be missed. His funeral was the happiest I think I've ever attended. He left such a legacy and I loved how each of his children spoke of his love for the gospel. I think I'd like to leave this world a little like he did.
We left for Idaho right after the funeral to spend New Years with the Furniss bunch
When Jaren was little, he used to call helicoptors "helidotcors." Cute, huh? Jill got him one for christmas, and he has been in love. I got a sweet nail kit from Janna, and a Bosch from my parents! So spoiled! Goodbye, holidays. You've been good to us, and we can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

No comments :

Post a Comment