Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Life

Sometimes... LIFE happens. Sucks, huh!? I can't believe that it's only been 1 month since my last blog post! I feel like so much is going on in our lives, yet NOTHING is going on at the same time. Like time is standing still and we just want it pass by to the next new, bright stage in our lives. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Always. There's things in our life that we desperately want right now, but sometimes the timing isn't in our hands. We've been learning humility, faith, and lots of patience lately.
The other day, I was encouraged by my boss (and good friend) to literally count my many blessings. So I did - I wrote them in a notebook. I have..SO much to be thankful for! I wrote down every little thing I could think of! Like...our education, good health, my wedding ring, Zumba, primary children, fruit roll-ups, our cute apartment, best-husband-ever, rainstorms, "A" parking, in-laws who love ice cream, 1 dependable car and 1 unpredictable car, the temple,  awesome BBQin' neighbors,
family who would bend over backwards for us, adorable nieces and nephew, and even our lumpy mattress, because it means I have a bed to sleep in at night. The list could go on and on!
Above all, I thought about how I get to experience all of these trials and blessings with my best friend. He can make me laugh even if tears are streaming down my cheeks! He is my biggest cheerleader! And man, he is a LOOKER.
I also have seen the power of prayer and family and neighbors have stepped in just when I needed a lift! I know that someday, all our dreams will come true but right now is a test of our faith. The Lord has so much in store for us. We are doing what we should and I know we'll be blessed! It's all about enjoying the journey. When LIFE happens, I count it as a blessing, too.

No comments :

Post a Comment