Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blessed.

The church is so true. There is a God who loves us and knows us.
I have been blessed to be able to come to Nashville for a work conference, and I am loving it. However, I am missing the chance to feast upon modern revelation with my family. I always look forward to this time twice a year - eating yummy food and relaxing together. As I get older, I've come to appreciate the apostles' words much more.
I have been attending work sessions all day and am just now sitting at a hotspot In the Gaylord Opryland Hotel where I get the best service. :) I'm looking out a huge window at the vast Tennessee sky where the sun is just setting. I love when the clouds look like this! It's as if the windows of heaven are opened and reminds me of the second coming picture of Christ.
Thankfully, we have modern technology (my new phone!) that lets us listen to conference whenever and wherever we are! Listening to President Monson announce the new revelation for 18 year old men and 19 year old women serving missions, I cant help but well up with tears of joy. I'm sure people passing by are wondering why my eyes are glistening.
I am overcome with the Spirit. It touches my heart that such a grand announcement was made and that it was direct modern revelation from on high. How blessed we are!! There are a lot of people here from all over the country who do not have the same knowledge that I do. Sometimes, I wonder what I did in heaven to be born in the covenant to such a great family.
I know this gospel is true and that our prophet receives revelation directly from our Heavenly Father. He does know and love us. And he knows and loves me.

No comments :

Post a Comment