Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home of Country Music

Nashville! So amazing. I'm so grateful to my employer for letting me go, it was definitely an opportunity of a lifetime! And I LOVE country music!! I had my own room in the Gaylord Opryland! Hotel. My view from the balcony went out to the atrium!
And... I promised I worked, too :) Our conference was for advising professionals from all over the nation. Three other co-workers and I went to a few sessions per day, but then tried to site see a little. They were interesting, but NOTHING compared to the city.
We went to this local dive called the Scoreboard where we sat outside on a porch and listened to live country entertainment from rising stars :) the hot chicken was DELISH and I was thinking of Jaren the whole time! He loves his fried chicken.
On friday night, we went to the FAMOUS Grand Ole Opry - I was in HEAVEN. They had a whole bunch of 90+ year old singers who are inducted into the Hall of Fame. They were hilarious, especially Little Jimmy Dickens: "The other day I went to the doctor because my ear hurt. The doc pulled out a suppository! I said, 'So THAT's what I did with my hearing aid!" ... I was dying.
Then... Rodney Atkins came on stage! He was so dreamy. They even let people come right up to the stage to take pictures. He was awesome! My coworkers were teasing me for acting like a star-struck teenager. hehe.
We also went downtown where there is a honkytonk in almost every business. It was in the middle of the day and there were TONS of singers and bands just trying to make it big. Pretty cool. AND I got some pictures along the walk of fame. It was a great trip, but I was so glad to come home!

No comments :

Post a Comment